Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Prayer

John 15:5-9 ESV

I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.  If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.  If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.  By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.  As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.

I.  Abide
     A. I in you
     B. You in me
     C. My words in you.
II. Not Abiding
III. Fruit Bearing
    A. That's the point
    B.  By this My Father is glorified
IV. Imprecatory Psalms

Psalms 35, 58, 59, 69, 109, and 139 were written by David to ask God to bring judgment upon his enemies. (The other two imprecatory psalms, 79 and 137, were written by Asaph and an unknown psalmist.)

No comments:

Post a Comment